Since the beginning of Covid-19, many rideshare drivers have switched from taking passengers to delivering food. There are some obvious things that make drivers successful at food delivery. Those include not eating your customer’s food and picking up and dropping off the order on time.
But what else can be done to make delivering food easier? Below are some simple tips that can make the task of delivery much easier:
- Focus on main thoroughfares – When looking for deliveries in smaller cities and towns, focus on main streets, roads, and thoroughfares that lead from one urban place to another. This is where demand is greatest.
- Roll of quarters – Picking up and dropping off food, often requires parking at a meter. There are plenty of meters that still do not take credit cards. Having a roll of quarters is an efficient to pay for parking and avoid a parking ticket.
- Thermal food bag – Customers want to receive their order the way it was plated and piping hot. Not all delivery platforms provide drivers with thermal food bags. It is a good idea to have one of your own.
- Food Box – Having a plastic bin or even a cardboard box for orders that don’t fit in the thermal food bag is a good idea. Big orders with multiple boxes of food shift around a lot while you are on the road. Having a box will help to secure these larger orders.
- “Enjoy” – When dropping off a delivery to a customer who is waiting at the door or curbside, try ending the delivery with, “Enjoy”. Adding this simple word to the end of each delivery can help with ratings and even tips.
Following the above tips will make your hours of delivery driving a whole lot easier.
Friday: Tips on winter d