Having to wear a mask during Covid-19 is an inconvenience we are all bearing right now. However, if you wear glasses or sunglasses, it can be challenging. This problem starts when your glasses fog up. It can happen when you are running around on the street doing errands but it can be really dangerous while driving.
So what can be done to prevent this problem? The Cleveland Clinic came up with some simple yet smart answers:
- Mask sure your mask fits tightly across the bridge of your nose – this prevents moisture in your breath from reaching your glasses.
- Gently clean your glasses with soap and water – soap residue prevents moisture from clinging to your lens.
- Use your glasses to seal your mask – make sure your glasses sit on top of the mask on the bridge of your nose .
- Tape your mask down – use a piece of medical tape to tape down your mask across the bridge of your nose. Make sure to use a tape for sensitive skin for this tender area of your face.
- Buy an anti-fog solution – these solutions are available from both online and brick and mortar retailers.
Be safe out there and wear your mask!
*previously posted on July 30th